Please make sure your stories are submitted anonymously. Thank you.
Copyright and other Intellectual Property
1) Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it, including licensing that material to other websites.
2) Until you are 18 years old, by using TXT R.I.P, you certify that your parents have or legal guardian has consented to your use and agree to these terms on your behalf.
3) By sharing and uploading any contribution (including any text or audio-visual material) with TXT R.I.P you agree to grant to TXT R.I.P, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants in any existing or future media worldwide (including the TXT R.I.P web site which can be accessed by international users) and in perpetuity. You waive any moral rights in your contribution in order to permit TXT R.I.P to edit your material as appropriate. You also grant to TXT R.I.P the right to sub-license these rights to third parties. We won’t use your content for commercial purposes but we may use your content to promote our platform
4) In order that TXT R.I.P can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own, is not defamatory and does not infringe any relevant local, national or international law or incite or encourage the contravention of any such law, that you have the right to give TXT R.I.P permission to use it for the purposes specified above.
5) You agree to use TXT R.I.P only for lawful purposes and in a considerate and responsible way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of TXT R.I.P.
Prohibited behavior includes:
– harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person
– transmitting defamatory, libelous, racist, obscene, pornographic, indecent
or offensive or menacing content which could cause anxiety to anyone else
6) The texts and voicemails you submit must be anonymous. All names must be removed. Any other personal information ( including phone numbers, addresses and work details) in which either party could be identified must also be removed.
7) If you do not want to grant TXT R.I.P the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to TXT R.I.P
8) If at any stage you wish to remove your contribution, please contact Victoria Mapplebeck with details of the text that you wish deleted and the phone number from which it is sent. e:xxxxxx
Collection and use of personal data:
Your right to privacy is important to us. The following terms are provided to explain how we collect and use information about you so that you can make an informed choice about using the Website.
1) Personal data will not be stored or captured on TXT R.I.P without the prior knowledge and consent of Users.
2) TXT R.I.P is part of a RHUL research project, and the collection and storage of data complies with College’s research ethics and data protection policies.